Reeves & Wood
Owner: William Reeves, Joseph Wood
Industry type: Machine shop
Location: French Street; Brandywine Village
Active dates: c. 1831-1833
William Reeves partnered with Joseph Wood to start a machine shop in the Wilmington Waterworks building at the foot of French Street after Reeves’ cotton mill in the same location went bankrupt. They dissolved their partnership on May 14, 1833. Wood kept the shop on French Street while Reeves moved to the shop of Wolley & Co. with the business’s three apprentices.
Hancock, Harold. The Industrial Worker Along the Brandywine. Hagley Research Report, 1956.